Date:      27 Apr 2000 14:43:00 +0200
From:      maulwurf@subloch.medicusnet.de (Stefan Huerter)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   TP 770ED Sound-driver problems

Guckux

I have a TP 770ED, built in s.th. Crystal sound chip-Hardware, Windoof
says ISA-Plug'n'Play.

I've tried the pcm (newpcm, FreeBSD 4-STABLE) from FreeBSD and think about
plug'n'pray, doesn't matter if I choose pcm (for PnP) or if I try the
ports (530/534/538), it will not be recognized. Same with csa0 (part of
pcm, but in the kernel-config it will shown as unknown and not

When I tried the Soundblaster-driver sbc0 (pcm-part), it will be
recognized and shown, configured for pcm1, I create the devices, but the
result is only distortion, not more...

These are the boot-msgs:
sbc0: <Soundblaster Pro> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 on isa0
pcm1: <SB DSP 3.02> on sbc0
pca0 at port 0x40 on isa0

any hint/help to get Sound from my TP?

Bye