Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:45:36 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        bduk@earthlink.net
Cc:        rshannon@wcug.wwu.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tun0 in 4.0

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 05:18:42 PST, Derrick Baumer wrote:

> > ...and I get back a "tun0 does not exist."
>
> Dumb question, I know, but did you reboot?

The message "tun0 does not exist" is very different from the message
"tun0: device not configured".  The former indicates that the /dev/tun0
device node does not exist and needs to be created with the MAKEDEV
script.  The latter indicates that the node exists but that the running
kernel was not copiled with "psuedo-device tun".

Ciao,
Sheldon.