Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:04:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-qa@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Instrallation floppies and USB

[Just a quick response, some things to try will follow this evening.]
>    Configuration Table            [Disabled]
>    PCI IRQ setting                [Auto]
>    PCI IRQ sharing                [No]

should be Yes.

>    Plug and Play OS               [Yes]

Should be No.

> I thought that PCI IRQ sharing might allow for dynamic assignment of IRQs,
> but changing this to 'Yes' had no effect.

It should be on anyway. FreeBSD supports. In the future you might add
more hardware which makes you run out of IRQs

> I thought that Reset Resource Assignments might enable the OS to set
> resouces (IRQ, etc) but everytime I looked at this after I had chosen 'Yes,'
> it had been set back to 'No.'  Acer support tells me that all this does is
> reset the resources back to their original values.

You'll see a message saying 'Updating ESCD...' etc.

> 1. When I try to boot the kern.flp disk, I get the message:
>        /boot.config: -P
>        Keyboard: no
> Booting continues but the keyboard is unusable unless I immmediately hit the
> space bar then type '-Dh' at the 'boot:' prompt as described in the
> TROUBLE.TXT document in the -CURRENT snapshot directory.  NOTE: That
> document says that the '-Dh' workaround is meant for older systems with an
> 84-key keyboard, but it is working for my 1999 Acer Asprire with a 102-key
> USB keyboard!

That means the BIOS emulates a XT/AT style keyboard.

Nick
--
n_hibma@webweaving.org
n_hibma@freebsd.org                                          USB project