Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 00:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/20157: libtool incorrectly adds -lc to threaded apps

The following reply was made to PR ports/20157; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: David Krinsky <krinsky@sleepycat.com>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:49:50 -0700

 Hi,

 On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 09:24:50AM -0400, David Krinsky wrote:
 > Do you happen to know if any effort has been made to get this FreeBSD
 > fix included in the primary libtool distribution?

 Based on past experience, I've given up trying to feed patches back to
 any FSF related projects.  Those projects that actually bother to reply,
 normally take the line that FreeBSD is doing the wrong thing.  libtool
 will be especially tickly, because I bastardised^H^H^Hfixed it for the
 ports collection, and I don't feel like explaining why to the authors.

 Regards,
  -Jeremy

 --
 FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                            http://www.freebsd.org/