Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:29:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Marco Masotti <masotti@mclink.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6 freezes when mounting specific Cdrom.

Try putting the CDROM on a different controller.  Or if it's a slave now
make it the master.

I actually get the same thing..I've just been too lazy to try the above.
On second thought, it's not quite the same thing.  It seems forever stuck
at:

# mount /cdrom
(waiting for completion and prompt, but never comes.)

Rest of the system is fine.  I can open other terminals and go about my
business.  I can't even kill the stuck process.