Date:      Thu, 5 Aug 1999 16:25:13 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   quotas

I am trying to get quotas working. I edited the quota for the user like so :

edquota -u test

That user looks like so :

Quotas for user test:
/disk4: blocks in use: 5117, limits (soft = 20000, hard = 5120)
        inodes in use: 15, limits (soft = 0, hard = 0)

It only lets the hard quota through... it will not let it go to 20000 until
the grace period which I set for 7 days. Is there anything else I need to
do? I compiled support into the kernel, and enabled the appropiate details
in rc.conf. It was working before, I don't know if is just a config problem,
or maybe a problem with the system...

thanks