Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:37:15 -0700
From:      "Tomlinson, Drew" <Drew.Tomlinson@lc.ca.gov>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org (E-mail)'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How To Specify Name Server Address

--Boundary_(ID_xlOGh0an1a+xABVdiZeMdw)

I apologize for the simple question but I haven't been able to find the
answer.  I want to know how I specify the name server address that FreeBSD
should use for name resolution.  I would assume it is an entry in rc.conf
similar to the ip address and the gateway address but I can't find any info
in either the /etc/defaults/rc.conf or the books I have.

TIA.

Drew

--Boundary_(ID_xlOGh0an1a+xABVdiZeMdw)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>How To Specify Name Server Address</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I apologize for the simple question but I haven't =
been able to find the answer.&nbsp; I want to know how I specify the =
name server address that FreeBSD should use for name resolution.&nbsp; =
I would assume it is an entry in rc.conf similar to the ip address and =
the gateway address but I can't find any info in either the =
/etc/defaults/rc.conf or the books I have.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>TIA.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Drew</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_xlOGh0an1a+xABVdiZeMdw)--