Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:22:40 +0300
From:      Daniyal Guliev <tzota@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: How to install ports from CD-ROM

I beg your pardon, but...

Item 1.
> >>that? Since I did not use a high-speed internet connect, it cost me a
> >>lot of time.
Item 2.
> Concur.  Move the tarballs (foo.gz, bar.bz2, whatever) to...

As I understand there's only _ports_ at FreeBSD CD-ROM. And all the tarballs you should download from Internet, isn't it? Of course, there's a number of packages included in CD-ROM. But the most part of all those 12 thousands ports requires to download corresponding tarballs from Internet first. Of course, it is good idea to place tarballs in /usr/ports/distfiles (Item 2.) But anyway you should download them first from Internet. So there's no way to avoid Item 1. Am I wrong?

// Sorry if I missunderstand something, I'm a real newbie.