Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:16:30 +0100
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@poboxes.com>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wanted: port of KPilot 2.0 - any takers?

On 1998-02-28 23:23 -0800, Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> wrote:
> I found a REALLY neat utility for Pilot (and PalmPilot) users.  It is
> based on KDE and the idea is to sort of be a replacement for the
> "Pilot Desktop" windows application -- IE you can actually enter and edit
> data on either the computer or the pilot, and the data is synchronized to
> both.
>
> Check it out -- more info, plus screen shots, plus source code available
> at:
>
> http://www.slac.com/pilone/kpilot_home/
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't compile "out of the box" Under FreeBSD, and I
> haven't been able to get it to work.  It really needs to be done as a
> port!!
>
> Any takers?

Since I've already spent quite some time porting
KDE modules, I might give KPilot a try, too. But
I do not have a PalmPilot, and don't intend to
get me one, so somebody else will have to check
out the functionality.

But the check-in of some 20 patches that I got
waiting on my system (connectivity to Freefall
was extremely bad, recently) has priority ...

Regards, STefan