Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:11:35 +0200
From:      "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd

hello

i have an issue with natd, but i'm not sure wheather the fault is with me or
with my ISP. i have a working gateway running FreeBSD 4.5 Release and doing
nat, dns and squid.
i can ping my isp at 1.3 ms average.
the problem begins when i try to connect with a counter-strike game server.
i can ping the server at 13 ms when i'm not connected, but when i connect
the ping becomes 1200 - 2500 ms !!! the ping to my isp becomes 700 - 1200 ms
and of course, that's unplayable !! Can you help me?