Date:      Fri, 02 Jan 1998 11:59:44 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Wolfram Blase <wbl@informatik.uni-kiel.de>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org

Part 2.

	Amancio

------- Forwarded Message

From: Flemming Jacobsen <fj@schizo.dk.tfs.com>
Subject: bktr radio support
To: hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 22:36:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi Amancio,

  Got the radio part working. Very few problems (biggest of them was to
remember/rediscover how my (unused for 5 years) HP48 did linear regression).

  Anyway, looking at the code I kindof decided that adding a special
radio state would be complicateing things much more than they needed
to be. Instead I implemented that iff the parameter to TVTUNER_SETFREQ
was greater than 20000, then it was the radio "frequency"+20000.
Once this was in place I only had to add a fourth tuner->bandAddrs and
extend tuner->pllControl to an array of 4 (two would be enough, but this
way the index into bandAddrs and pllControl is allways the same).

Result:
  In order to tune the radio, open the tuner device and do:
    f=WantedFrequency*20-407 + 20000;
    ioctl(radio,TVTUNER_SETFREQ,&f);

What's your perspective on this ?

	Cheers
	Flemming

- --
Flemming Jacobsen               It'll probably say something like "Does not
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.     compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's
Email: fj@tfs.com               what it says when it doesn't know and doesn't
Phone: +45 4330 4050            want to admit it.  -- Terry Pratchett: Wings

------- End of Forwarded Message