Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:39:47 +0100
From:      Eduardo Morras <emorras@s21sec.com>
To:        Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@rakhesh.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: Downloading file by sending email

At 06:30 30/01/2008, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>An off-topic question.
>
>I run FreeBSD 6.2/i386 with Postfix and Maildrop (for filtering and=
 delivery).

>I want to setup a service such that sending a=20
>mail to say "someaddress@mydomain" with a list=20
>of links per line results in my machine=20
>downloading the files at these links replying with all these files=
 attached.

>Is there any port which provides a functionality=20
>like this? Or is it possible to put together=20
>such a setup in place? I tried a Google search=20
>but didn't manage to frame this question concisely enough to get hits ...
>
>Also, many many years ago I remember using=20
>similar services on the Internet. I can't for=20
>the life of me remember their names now. Any one=20
>here recollects/ has used such services?
>
>Thanks, Rakhesh

There is an email2cvs in ports, don't know the=20
exact name, but i allows you to do cvs commits,=20
updates, etc  via mail; perhaps it can help you

For security, add in the mail with the file=20
request a login/password. Check the From (only=20
tyour email account) and the l/p.

Also there is a gnu.org project for a p2p using mail.

HTH

Useful Acronyms: GPL =3D Greedy Peng=FCin Licence=20