Date:      28 Oct 2002 21:20:20 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB UPS (was Re: power must400)

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 18:09, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> I'd use sysutils/nut
>
> The port is a little stale but even so it should support your UPS fairly
> easily.

Speaking of UPSes, has anyone looked at the new APC's with the USB
interface?  Under Win2k they show up just like a laptop battery and give
you not only AC status but cool stuff like battery charge level, etc.

Looks like some sort of HID device, but usbhidctl didn't give me
anything I could decipher.  Maybe I'll see if there's any known specs or
try to do some backward engineering.  Not sure what to interface it to
though (APM? ACPI? Something else?)

Craig