Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:20:18 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vaio F709 resetting when suspending to memory

I apologise in advance for the crapness of this report.

Periodically, my Vaio F709 will reset itself when using the suspend-to-memory
feature.

I use Fn+Esc to invoke the suspend, and then about 5 seconds later the top
30-40 lines of the X display are overwritten with purple bars, and then
the reset.  There's no panic message.

I've got "options DDB" in the kernel config file, but to no avail, the
kernel never drops to the debugger.

I've turned off the "Plug-n-play OS" and "ACAPI OS" BIOS settings, to no
effect.  I'm running -current as of about August 18th.

However, this doesn't happen all the time, which is the infuriating part.
If I've had the machine running for a few hours (subjective) then there's
no problem.  But if it's been up for a day's worth of work then I can
pretty much guarantee it'll reset.

In all other respects, the machine's been stable.

Has anyone got any suggestions for getting a more useful crash dump out of
this?