Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:32:41 +0500 (YEKT)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gtk12 doesn't compile

> > > Looks like a problem with your glib12 install.  My recommendation is to
> > > remove all three of these versions, then reinstall glib12 from ports.
> >
> > glib12 was reinstalled from ports collection today right after I did
> > buildworld/installworld
>
> You still might want to clean these up a bit.

I followed your advice and "pkg_delete"d them (pity, I guess, gimp
won't work after that)

so, now I've freshly done buildworld/installworld + GENERIC kernel +
freshly built gettext,glib12.

gtk12 still complains about missing symbols.

> > libglib12.so (which is mentioned not to have required symbols) is dated
> > of December 1 2002
>
> That doesn't make any sense.  If you built the port after an
> installworld, then the symbols should be there.  Out of curiosity, what
> version of FreeBSD did you upgrade from?

4.7RC -> 4.7STABLE

> > buildworld/installworld were performed with:
> >
> > COMPAT3X = yes
> >
> > (that line was in /etc/make.conf)
>
> What other lines do you have in your /etc/make.conf?

MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?=    \
        http://sol.chel.skbkontur.ru/distfiles/
MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE?=  ${MASTER_SITE_BACKUP}
USA_RESIDENT=		NO
NOPROFILE=	true
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=    YES
NOGAMES=       true
COMPAT1X=	yes
COMPAT20=	yes
COMPAT21=	yes
COMPAT22=	yes
COMPAT3X=	yes
COMPAT4X=      yes

NO_FORTRAN=    true
NO_I4B=        true
NOGAMES=       true
NOLIBC_R=      true

MAKE_IDEA=     YES

KRB5_IMPL=mit

ENABLE_SUIDPERL = true

WITH_MJPEG = YES
WITH_OPENQUICKTIME = YES

> > > One other thing to check is to make sure your kernel and world are in
> > > sync.  That is a must when trying to build ports or install packages.
> >
> > yes, kernel was also rebuilt. It is just plain GENERIC kernel. nothing
> > really special.
>
> I was more interested to see that your _world_ was in sync with your

yes, it is in sync.

> kernel.  All of your errors are userland errors.  __std*p are defined in
> /usr/include/stdio.h, and nl_langinfo() is defined in
> /usr/include/langinfo.h and the symbol is in libc (as of 4.6 I
> believe).   Hmmm...that got me thinking.  Is your /usr/lib/libc.so
> pointing to /usr/lib/libc.so.4?  It needs to be:
>
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root     wheel           9 Nov 29 18:40 /usr/lib/libc.so
> -> libc.so.4

yes, libc.so points to libc.so.4

Ilia Chipitsine