Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:07:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Rasmus Skaarup <rasmus@gal.dk>
To:        Ian Clarke <i.clarke@student.murdoch.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.2 (GENERIC), sendmail and relaying

I'll try to answer as straight as possible :)

You are right about having to alter the /etc/mail/sendmail.cw which
should contain the names of the domains of which you want to relay mail
for. Then all you have to do is insert a higher MX record in your
nameserver, for the machine that will relay the mail to the real mail
server on the internal network (for each domain name).

If your "internal mail server" can recieve mail from outside the
internal network, this wont work.

Best regards
Rasmus