Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 13:12:36 +1000
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threaded X libs..

On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 11:41:02AM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>Hi,
>I was trying to port a program which required thread safe X libs, so I
>recompiled XFree86 after editing the config file for FreeBS, and it seemed to
>work fine (OK, so I didn't exactly test it, but at least XInitThreads() now
>works :)
>
>Is there any reason why the FreeBSD version of XFree86 doesn't enable threads
>by default? Perhaps the port could have an option for it? (I can make a patch
>for the port to do so if it would be useful :)

Only because nobody who is interested in it has tested it and told us
(XFree86) that it works (until now?).  If it does all seem to work, send
me a patch with any changes (even if only config changes), and I'll add
it to the XFree86 development code.  Make sure that the config changes
only enable it for FreeBSD versions where it will work.

David