Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2003 01:16:35 -0500
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEdit and OpenMotif 2.2 - crashes?

[Subject line added]

Daniel,

> I am the maintainer of the nedit port...

Thank you for doing so. I've been using NEdit since way back in the
beginning and it's still the best X11 editor.

> Using openmotif-2.2 causes nedit (and supposedly other
> applications) to crash.

I'm using nedit-5.3 with open-motif-2.2.2_1 and have never had any
problems with this or any other version. In fact, I don't think I've ever
known nedit to crash.

Care to share some infromation on these crashes?

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |