Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 00:21:23 -0800
From:      "Mark VandeWettering" <markv@pixar.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Building PicoBSD on 2.2.x systems...

I understand that the primary problem with building PicoBSD on pre-3.0
systems is the behavior of the disklabel command, but even when I use the
build scripts included in the 2.2.5 version, I get a problem during the
stage3 part of the build process.  In particular, I get the following messages:

====================== stage3 started =====================
-> Preparing 1.44 floppy filesystem...
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWLABEL: Operation not supported by device
-> Copying language dependent files...
-> Populating floppy filesystem...
130 blocks
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity iused   ifree  %iused  Mounted on
/dev/vn0c        1387     1133      254    82%      34     156    18%   /mnt
Press any key to continue...

==================== stage3 completed =====================

which would seem to indicate some problem with doing the disklabel on the
vn device.  Is something else supposed to be done here?  The resulting floppy
does boot, but bombs out when it tries to load the /etc filesystem into
the MFS, claiming a corrupt superblock.  Any hints?

As a teaser, I am trying to create a version of FreeBSD that boots and
serves a dedicated webcam using a simple cgi program that interfaces to
the brooktree capture devices.

My 3.0 CD is probably in the mail, so perhaps all this is moot, but
I'd like to know the answer.

		Mark

--
Mark T. VandeWettering 			Telescope Information (and more)
Email: <markv@pixar.com> 		http://www.idle.com/~markv/