Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:06:07 +0200
From:      Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
To:        Didrik Madheden <didrik@kth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM/ACPI support?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 12:12:17PM +0200, Didrik Madheden wrote:
> Does the Sparc64 platform have some sort of APM/ACPI support? What I'm
> most interested in
> 1) having the box actually shut down when doing shutdown.
> 2) having the box react on the power button and do a safe shutdown.

Well, neither APM nor ACPI are supported by SPARC-based systems, but you
can achieve (1) by using "shutdown -p". Works fine for me on the Ultra 60 I
have running 6.2-RELEASE.

If you had access to the serial console of the machine, you could also shut
it down from the OpenBoot prompt by using "poweroff" once you'd halted the
OS.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/