Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:16:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Konnoff <konnoff_dc@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   adaptec aha2940u2w on release 4.0

Hello!

 The other day I did a fresh install from cdrom of
 release 4.0 on a machine that was running release 3.4
 without trouble.

 This machine has an Adaptec 2940u2w scsi card
 on the pci bus. The initial boot of release 4.0 and
 all others filled the console screen with the
 following message:

 AHC0: Data Parity Error Detected During Write Phase

 This was using the GENERIC kernel with all scsi
 devices enabled.

 Needless to say none of the scsi devices attached to
 this card were accessable (disk, cdrom). I finally
 got rid of the console messages by commenting out
 the ahc line in the kernel config file and
 rebuilding a new kernel.

 Just to be sure I had not completely lost it I
 reinstalled the 3.4 release from cdrom on the same
 machine and the scsi card and system worked fine
 again.

 Can anyone out there shed some light on this problem?

 Thanks in advance!

 Daniel Konnoff