Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:30:43 +0100
From:      Tony Johansson <tony.johansson@svenskakyrkan.se>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   NATD question

Situation:
1 assigned valid ip-address
T1 internet access
3 computers running ftp,realaudio and various gameservers

Problem:
Computers should all be accessable from the internet on a PORT basis (port
23 tcp for comp1, port 7000 udp for comp2, port 27015 udp for comp3 etc)

I gather this is solvable using freebsd with, my question are as follows:

What kind of machine is sufficient to handle this? (486/pentium, cpu speed)
What elements are of most importance performancewise? (nic,cpu,disk etc)

I'm presently running redhat6.0 with ipmasq but find performance degrading
with uptime. This machine is however host to a pretty massive ftpserver
aswell. I hope moving to freebsd as a dedicated router will solve this.

Regards, Tony Johansson