Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 10:15:07 -0700
From:      craig <craig-burgess@.home.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Handholding natd: HOWTO enable services?

I think that's my question. (The firewall(s) in question are OPEN.) I
have not succeeded, probably from misapplying what i think i read in the
docs. I managed to disable network translation altogether with one
experiment.

The goal: to enable a machine inside the LAN to use specified ports for
communication through the FreeBSD gateway running natd. Simply adding
(or modifying) port definitions in /etc/services along with using
'redirect_ports' (as a natd flag) in rc.conf didn't work but i'm
probably missing something.

In order to use a webcam, for example, there needs to be some sort of
natd statement (flag?) in rc.conf, a port defined in /etc/services and
also a firewall rule?

craig burgess