Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:13:24 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca, spidey@libdns.qc.ca
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: Problems with SB16 PnP and FBSD-stable (fwd)

 S> 	I have problemss playing sounds on my Sound Blaster, may it be
 S> mp3's, waves or audio files.

 S> 	I can play music from the CD correctly. My sound card is
 S> recognised. [ ... ]

 S> 	BUT! When I try to play audio or dsp, I have strange problems. The
 S> sound is played for it's 2 first seconds (well, I do not hear any, b=
ut
 S> the time counter tells me that 2 seconds have past), and then the pr=
ogram
 S> stucks. This is the behavior of xamp, which does not response to any=

 S> stimuli other than a kill after the hang! I must interrupt the progr=
am and
 S> then kill it.

Sounds like a problem I was having a while ago; I had an IRQ
collission, my SB was on the same IRQ as my parallel port. I disabled
the paralell port and everything worked smootly ...

So it might be worth a try to read through your kernel config file
checking for duplicate IRQs.

Hmm ... Just read through the last paragraph I quoted from you. It's
not quite the same problem: I actually heard the sound for the first
seconds. Sometimes it even came back (spontaneously) for some more
seconds later ...

Ah well, I guess it won't hurt to check an extra time for IRQ
collissions anyway ...

-- =

Rasmus Kaj ---------------- rasmus@kaj.a.se - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \                 Alla barnen k=F6rde Unix utom Bill, hans OS stod stil=