Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2019 13:26:12 +1100
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>, ports@freebsd.org, python <python@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with porting Python libraries

On 30/12/2019 4:54 am, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

Hi Andrea, nice first job on a Python port :)

> # $FreeBSD$
>
> PORTNAME=    IMAPClient

Lowercase this PORTNAME

> PORTVERSION=    2.1.0
> CATEGORIES=    mail python
> PKGNAMEPREFIX=    ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}
>
> MAINTAINER= ml@netfence.it
> COMMENT=    Easy-to-use, Pythonic and complete IMAP client library
>
> LICENSE=    BSD3CLAUSE

Add LICENSE_FILE pointing to license file if one exists in the source
download

Both the PyPI sdist (MASTER_SITES=CHEESESHOP) and the GitHub repo have
one: "COPYING"

> RUN_DEPENDS=    ${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}six>0:devel/py-six@${PY_FLAVOR}
>
> GH_ACCOUNT=    mjs
> GH_PROJECT=    imapclient
>
> NO_ARCH=    yes
> USES=        python
> USE_GITHUB=    yes

Use MASTER_SITES=CHEESESHOP if the project uploads a source tarball
("sdist") there, unless there's a compelling temporary reason to use an
alternative source, like missing license files, test files, etc.

> USE_PYTHON=    autoplist distutils
>
> .include <bsd.port.mk>

For details Python Ports Policy & Guidelines/Tips:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Python/PortsPolicy

If it doesn't answer any questions, needs clarifications or additions,
let us know

If you need further help or just want to hang out, we have a
#freebsd-python channel on freenode IRC, come and say hi :)

./koobs