Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:09:19 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdg.de>
To:        dirk@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PHP remote vulnerabilities

Probably you already will have recognized that serious remote
vulnerabilities have been announced in different php versions yesterday:

http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.html

Since I (still) use php3 I fetched the corresponding patch from
http://www.php.net/downloads.php which applied to the code below
/usr/ports/www/mod_php3 after make extract. I rebuilt and reinstalled the
module.

Maybe you want to modify your FreeBSD port to include the patch
automatically?

I didn't try to see what happens in the php4 directory.

Best regards and thanks for the FreeBSD port
Konrad

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg