Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:38:43 +0800
From:      "David May" <David_May@allsolutions.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [Q] PPP authentication: RADIUS versus ppp.secret

I am using a central RADIUS server to do CHAP
authentication for a group of comms servers, all running
FreeBSD and User-PPP.

Using RADIUS saves me from having to maintain multiple
ppp.secret files. However, the ppp.secret file can hold
some additional fields, such as callback number and most
importantly a label which can cause PPP server to execute
user-specific code after authentication.

Can I execute user-specific labels if I use RADIUS or do
I have to go back to using ppp.secret instead?