Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:11:12 -0500
From:      "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@conterra.com>
To:        Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
Cc:        dmaddox@conterra.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UCL's Universal Transcoding Gateway

It's not a misconception.  A portion of my available bandwidth is
wasted by the exchange of routing information, etc. that I don't
need on a PTP connection.

It does "work OK"...  But it would be even better if I didn't have
to waste BW unnecessarily.  Thus, my interest in UTG.  UTG also
works on Win95/98, since the client is Java.  Very nice for those
of us not connected directly to a multicast router, since there is
no mrouted for Windows.