Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:00:56 +1000
From:      "John Song" <supercat2002@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-apache@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache can't start after upgrade PHP5, please help!

Hi, I'm not sure if i should post this message in this mailing list, =
since i can't find any mailing list which is PHP related, i just want to =
try my luck here.

I've got FreeBSD 5.1 with apache 1.33 + php5.03 +mysql5.0.2 running for =
almost a year with no problem, just recently i want to try to install =
Mambo on my site, i tried to upgrade php-extensions, after that, i can't =
get apache started. I've looked into the log, it says:

PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - =
posix_getpwuid in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - =
posix_getrlimit in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - =
posix_get_last_error in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - =
posix_errno in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Function registration failed - duplicate name - =
posix_strerror in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  posix:  Unable to register functions, unable to load in =
Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library =
'/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/simplexml.so' - Cannot open =
&quot;/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/simplexml.so&quot; in Unknown on line =
0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library =
'/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/dom.so' - Cannot open =
&quot;/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/dom.so&quot; in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library =
'/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/tidy.so' - Cannot open =
&quot;/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/tidy.so&quot; in Unknown on line 0

I've tried to deinstall php5-extensions and it didn't help.
then i tried to use php4 instead of php5(of coz uninstalled php5 first), =
it worked for a while untill i found some of functions of my forums are =
not working properly, i deinstalled php4 and reinstall php5 but it's NOT =
working, still gives the same error log, now it doesn't even work when i =
switch back to PHP4.=20

I'm really run out of ideas, i've googled, not much help. so I'm just =
wondering if there is any one can help me, that'd be greatly =
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

John

=20