Date:      Sat, 02 Dec 2000 07:47:15 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel panics in 4.2

>I sent this message to -questions,-current, and -stable earlier, but
>nobody seems to know about my problem:
>
>I just recently tried putting an adaptec 2940w SCSI controller into my
>FreeBSD machine (running -STABLE cvsupped and recompiled every night at
>1:30AM) and since including the driver in my kernel I've noticed some
>random panics.

It may be code displacement that has caused some uninilialized data to
be hit.  The SCSI driver will never be touched after the initial bus
scan, so it is hard to believe that this is directly caused by the
SCSI subsystem.  You really need to capture the panic message in order
for this to be debugged.

--
Justin