Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:48:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Messmer <messmer@endpage.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xf86

Hello, Ive just upgraded to 4.0 using a cdrom. Everything seems to be
working fine with the notable exception of Xfree86. I keep getting the
error message:
Xwrapper:no modules loaded for 'xserver' service.
Authentication failed-cannot start x server.\
Perhaps you do not have console ownership? X11Transocket...blah blah blah.

I'm not at all clear how to fix this, though it seems like some dumb
permissions thing. I havent been able to find mention of this problem in
newsgroups or anything so i thought I'd bug you with it. Arent you lucky?
Tom

"Just for the record, do you believe the Sun goes around the Earth or
the Earth goes around the Sun?"

"I'm sure your readers will love this, but I don't know. Every  physicist who's looked at it seriously has realised that we don't know for sure."

--Tom Willis, a fundamentalist Christian proponant of Creationism.