Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 1995 18:03:26 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New record for installation floppy update! :-)

[Nate:  Please stop sending this stuff to announce!  I'd think that after
 3 years of this you'd have at least learned to read mail headers.. :-)]

Guess I need to start pasting in a Reply-To again..  Anyway..

> OK, I setup my machine on the net to accept PPP connections, but
> unfortunately I can't get the PPP on VTY 3 to do anything.  Anything I
> type on VTY3 just echo's back at me but doesn't do anything.  Help,
> term, return, all do nothing.  What am I doing wrong?  I even read the
> install docs, but unfortunately they don't explain what I'm seeing right
> now.

Nothing does and you're doing nothing wrong.  It would appear that ppp
broke at some point with sysinstall, and I'm not exactly sure why
though what I am sure of is that the process startup code for it looks
fishy..  It might have worked (like oh so much else in sysinstall)
only by sheer chance in 2.0.5, adn I've now gone back and
significantly revamped that bit of code.  I'm testing it now!

					Jordan