Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:11:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        satkal79@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: struct hostent

> Guy,
> wat really does the field h_addr_list in struct
> hostent means? , is it the replicated DNS's ips
> (serveral servers ) or a particular DNS server having
> serveral ips (single - multihomed server)

I believe it's the list of addresses assigned to the host.  For
example, if you do a DNS lookup on www.yahoo.com, you will see that it
has multiple IP addresses assigned to one hostname.

Hope this helps

--
Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Finger dima@unixfreak.org for my public PGP key.

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence."
	-- Henry Louis Mencken