Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 22:46:20 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C905

On Sun, May 17, 1998 at 11:41:41PM +0300, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
> I have an 3c905 ethernet adapter,
>
> normally I use an ne2000 compatible isa adapter...
> but when I take it out and put 3c905 and configure networking
> it does not want to work...
> well at startup it finds the ethernet as vx0 device
>
> what can be going bad?

That you don't have a 3C905, but a 3C905B, most likely.  They're
(significantly) different cards.

Another possible problem is that you haven't set up the correct port
(TP/AUI/BNC) - 'man vx' for details.  Also, having the wrong IRQ may
give "just doesn't work" symptoms.  Without more details, it is hard
to be of help.

Besides which this question should go to FreeBSD-questions; moved
there.

Eivind.