Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:07:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      bannour souha <sou_bann@yahoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntp problem :(

 Hello,

 I use a FreeBSD 5.3. I want to synchronize my 2
machines. I tried to connect to a ntp server, but I
couldn't. When I type this command "ntpdate -v
ntp.imag.fr", I have the following message:
"host found....
 ntpdate (imag.imag.fr) : No route to host
 ntpdate (imag.imag.fr) : No route to host
 ntpdate (imag.imag.fr) : No route to host
 ntpdate (imag.imag.fr) : No route to host
 ...no server suitable for synchronization found"

I tried also with adding the server name to ntp.conf
and typing this command "/etc/rc.d/ntpdate restart",
but I have the same message.
 the ping to ntp.imag.fr responds very good

have you some idea? may be perhaps I have a proxy
, but I don't know what I must doing to synchronize my
machines.
 Can you help me please?

 Many thanks,
 Souha