Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:24:40 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: possible problem with SMP?

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 10:46:02AM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:

> All I'm saying is, please do something about:
>=20
> (a) Making sure that patches posted here get tested and responded to.
> (b) Encourage people to post patches.
>=20
> Some of them will be good and some bad - but as long as there is a process
> to filter out the bad and misguided ones, it could do wonders to the sour=
ce
> base, as well as to the general FUD that the "BSD camp is elitist and cli=
quish".

Well, posting patches to the list is the wrong way to go about it..as
I mentioned before things which don't get submitted via the PR DB (as
well as announced on mailing lists so people know about them) fall
through the cracks because they are not tracked. i.e. the tracking
mechanism for patches is GNATS.

Kris

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--