Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:36:55 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Andreas Rozek' <Andreas.Rozek@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        Tassilo Erlewein <Tassilo.Erlewein@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.De>
Subject:   RE: Upgrading the kernel from 2.2.x to 3.2

	[ML]  Download the boot and mfsroot (and fixit, when you are at
it) floppies from the floppies directory of the 3.2-RELEASE.  sysinstall
is the name of the installation program which is started automatically
when you boot from the installation floppy.

	The binary upgrade of the system HAS TO BE done from floppy, and
not from the running system.  After installation/upgrade, you can use
/stand/sysinstall to add software, change timezone, add diskspace, but
not to upgrade the system.

	/Marino