Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:08:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jason Dicioccio <geniusj@suarez.bestweb.net>
To:        shamrock <shamroc@tiac.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

There are a couple possibilities.

Try the following (doing a config in between to see if it works)

1)  cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/config ; make clean all install

If that does not work that means you didn't cvsup all of the src.
you want to get src-all and src-crypto.
For a menu-based installation of cvsup try

pkg_add ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CVSup/cvsupit.tgz

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, shamrock wrote:

> okok,
> i have 2.2.7 on cdrom, it great i love it. I want to upgrade to 3.0 and
> gain the experience of
> using CVS.
>
> I used cvsup, just as the example in the handbook, getting src and
> crypto.
> Once  I was done i did a make world which took forever but was
> successful.
> I then modified my kernel to add IPFIREWALL, I did
> /usr/sbin/config/ MYKERNEL and this is what it said:
>
> WARNING:  version of config(8) does mot match kernel!
>
> config version= 220000 version required=300009
>
> mkae sure the /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync
> with your /usr/src/sys and install a new config binary
> before tring this again
>
> unknown % construct  in generic makefile: %MFILES
>
> Im tring to do everything on my system on my own, but i think im at a
> loss with this
> I have the cdrom and maybe i could replace this file. All i want is to
> update my kernel
> to 3.0 i didnt nessacrily want to update all my sources. Can someone
> help me out?
> Are there any system files i could send to help you see the status of my
> system?
>
> thanks
>
> and yes, this is the best OS ive ever used :)
		       ^^^^
		      GREAT! :-)