Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 02:27:39 +0530
From:      Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@slashetc.net>
To:        freebsd-question@freebsd.org
Subject:   swap space not utilized...

Hi!

This might appear quite dumb, but I'm not able to get my box to utilize
the swap space. The /etc/rc does do a 'swapon -a' (and subsequent swapon
-a return 1 instead of 0) and so it probably has been able to do swapon
correctly. But swapinfo and pstat -s always report the swap usage to be
zero.

mercury# swapinfo
Device          1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Type
/dev/ad0s1b        266992        0   266992     0%    Interleaved

This is regardless of the number of applications open. At the time of
writing this mail, I have a couple of aterm windows, a netscape, mutt,
xscreensaver, a couple of ssh, ssh-agent, zsh, running. Yeah, this isn't
exactly a huge load, but I expect a small percentage of swapspace being
used which it isn't using.

Any pointers to what can be the problem?

chyrag.
--
Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@slashetc.net> http://slashetc.net/chyrag/