Date:      Thu, 3 May 2007 09:37:12 +0800
From:      "Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nvidia how too?

    0n Wed, May 02, 2007 at 06:28:38PM -0700, Norbert Papke wrote:

    >On May 2, 2007, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
    >> On 5/3/07, David Kalliecharan <davidkallie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> > I would like to know how too install the Nvidia drivers for a Geforce
    >> > 6150 on a laptop, I am not sure which method to use, I do not have the
    >> > laptop yet I will in a day. Do I use the ports method in FreeBSD or do I
    >> > download the file off of Nvidia's and follow their instructions. I would
    >> > like to know the best solution, I prefer stable over an update (keeping
    >> > in mind compatibility with the geforce 6150) The reason I ask is because
    >> > I am unsure about any special configurations that may need to be applied
    >> > to the kernel or something else. If anyone can point me the right
    >> > direction to go I would really appreciate it.
    >>
    >> I'd go with the driver from ports and only try manual
    >> install if all else fails.
    >
    >If you are using the port, I would also suggest that you add
    >
    >    WITH_NVIDIA_GL=yes
    >
    >to your /etc/make.conf.  As I understand it, it ensures that other ports have
    >the "right" dependencies.

#cd /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver
#make extract
#cd work/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-9746/doc
#less README

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.