Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:57:36 -0500
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@netzuno.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        "Luigi Rizzo" <rizzo@aciri.org>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, <richw@webcom.com>, <julian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: BRIDGE breaks ARP? (more info)

Hi again,

Maybe I am misunderstanding things, but since the arp-request we recieve are
for our IP address, do we need to forward them to the other segments ?

Here is my setup:

[PC : 192.168.1.254]--------[rl0]---[FreeBSD : 192.168.1.1]---[fxp0]----[]

On the freebsd machine I have 2 tcpdumps running looking for arps on each
interface.

Now if I do a "ping 192.168.1.254", I get a
"arp who-as 192.168.1.1 tell 192.168.1.254" line on both tcpdumps. The
arp-reply goes out only on rl0 (this seem correct).

Patrick.