Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2006 02:15:41 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for "authenticateUser"

   Hi folks,

	I am working with the Adaptec Storage Manager (StorMan)
   GUI for the Adaptec 2230SLP RAID controller.

	I am launching the manager with the command:

+ /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/bin/java -classpath /spare/usr/StorMan/RaidMan.jar:/usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/rt.jar com.ibm.sysmgt.raidmgr.mgtGUI.Launch

    which results in the exception:

Sep 7, 2006 2:04:35 AM
Login failed java.rmi.ServerError: Error occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
        java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: authenticateUser

   which would explain why I am not able to login as root to the
   manager.

	Here is the Linux command for above:

java -Djava.compiler=NONE -cp ./RaidMan.jar com.ibm.sysmgt.raidmgr.mgtGUI.Launch

   which does not work any better - the same exception is thrown.

	So, how do I modify the command line to allow java to
    resolve the call to "authenticateUser"?

	FWIW, the original call was referencing "classes.zip", and
    that is clearly wrong for jdk1.5.0. And, yes, I need to use
    jdk1.5.0 as I am running this on 6.1/AMD64.

						Thank you,
							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes