Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 16:14:45 -0700
From:      "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   damn java installation

Hello,

I've been trying to install the jdk13 and the linux jdk13 from ports, but the install hangs on gettext 0.11.1. The core error message is:

Can't find default package 'java.lang'

Contextually, it looks to me like the javacomp script is trying to compile a java file, DumpClass.java and hanging because of CLASSPATH problems. Now I've set that variable a few times, adding all kinds of paths to it, but I appear not to have hit on the answer. I saw this question raised in the archives, but didn't find an answer to it.

Am using 4.5-RELEASE, with ports upgraded as of May 28.

Pls cc me directly.

Thanks,
John