Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:12:36 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp -> browser

On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 07:14:01PM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
> > The attached is the result of my last attempt to run lynx. It does show that
> > PPP went into packet transmission mode and then failed.
> >

> If you enable IPCP and LCP logging, you may get a more informative
> log.  Also, have a look at http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/userppp.html.

login: gkaplan                # name entered
Password:                     # password entered
PPP session from (199.173.8.65) to 0.0.0.0 beginning ppp ON myname>
You beat me to a reply Brian (been having problems, trashed my
password file :-O ). What I was wondering is about the ``to 0.0.0.0''.

Does this not mean that he's not got a local IP address?

If he has a static address then it's not in ``set ifaddr'' or if
dynamic then the server hasn't assigned one?