Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:09:39 -0600
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ps and top problems

I rebuilt my world and kernel recently and when I did ps and top I would get
these errors...

ps: proc size mismatch (36176 total, 1056 chunks)

kvm_open: proc size mismatch (72352 total, 1056 chunks)
top: Out of memory.

Following advice I rm -rf'ed /usr/src and cvsupped down the latest 4-STABLE
source tree. Rebuilt...

make buildworld
make installworld
make buildkernel KERNEL=
make installkernel KERNEL=
cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV /dev
sh /dev/MAKEDEV all
cd /usr/src/release/sysinstall
make && make install && make clean
reboot

And I still get the same errors as above. What am I missing?

--
Erich Zigler

What are you doing wrong with our bug-free product?