Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 12:02:05 -0700
From:      Michael DeMutis <maillist@2gen.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.4-STABLE new Installation

I'm not sure if its just me or what the problem is, but where can I
download a new installation of FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE?

I have the BOOT Floppies and I ran them, I selected 3.4-STABLE as the
distribution I want to download, and it tells me it can't find it.

I manually went onto the FTP to look and see and there is no 3.4-STABLE
distribution, in fact, there is no STABLE tree...

The only one with content is 4.0-RELEASE which isn't going to do me any good.

What happened to all the other source trees?

Does one of the other mirrors have it? .. or do I need to download the ISO
and install from that?

Why is there no 4.0-STABLE tree?  Is 4.0-RELEASE Stable?

Help!

-mike

Michael DeMutis
System's Administrator
2GEN.Inc.
email: mike@2gen.net   website: http://www.2gen.net/
Phone: 905-308-9155   Fax: 905-308-9519   ICQ UIN: 1257176
"Merging Media & Idea To Bring Internet Exposure to Innovative Businesses"