Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:46:17 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-xircom@lovett.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom RealPort Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 (16 Bit card) (was:...)

Andreas,

I just got beck from vacation and have only given you posts a quick
glance, but I do see a couple of things:
Set the pcic device(s) to polling mode. There is no reason to waste an
IRQ on them.

Edit the configuration to read:
device          pcic0  at isa?
device          pcic1  at isa?

It is most likely that this will soon become the default pcic
configuration, although it was still being discussed on mobile when I
left.

The only place to set the IRQ for a card is in /etc/pccard.conf.
Specifying it in the kernel config has no effect. (I'm not sure that
you are trying this, but I figured that it was worth mentioning.)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)