Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 10:47:49 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to use setenv to set TERM?

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:37:13AM -0700, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> I want to set my TERM to vt100.  I am issuing the command:
>
> setenv TERM=vt100
>
> However, when I use setenv to view the results, TERM=vt100=.  How can I drop
> the last "="?

By using the correct syntax.  You have set the variable TERM=vt100 to
and empty value.

Try "setenv TERM vt100".

       setenv [name [value]]
               Without arguments, prints the names and values  of
               all  environment  variables.  Given name, sets the
               environment variable name  to  value  or,  without
               value, to the null string.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Science rules.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *