Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:54:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about device ed0 in GENERIC

I noticed that the ed0 driver is under the categorie of "ISA Ethernet
NICs", and that its entry in GENERIC is

device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000

Well, I've got the Kye Genius 2500III, which uses the ed0 driver, and it's
a PCI device.  So, I end up using:

device          ed0

Maybe this should be commented out and entered under the category of

# PCI Ethernet NICs

Because, I think there are PCI versions of ethernet cards using the ed0
driver.

- Donn