Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:15:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gurudatt Shenoy <gurudatt@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        Anil Kumar J I <anil@stph.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding X-windows

Take a look at your .xinitrc file (should be in your home directory).
If not, you can get create one by copying /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc
to .xinitrc in your home.

twm will be listed somewhere in this file. You need to change that to
fvwm, exit from your current Xwin session and log in again.

If by "configure your desktop" you mean auto-loading xclock, some
terminals etc, .xinitrc is where you need to add all that.